Job Vacancy- Senior Lecturer Clinical PharmacyOwen Muhangi
Mbarara University of Science and Technology (MUST), in Mbarara, Uganda is seeking applications for 2 (two) clinical pharmacy faculty members. These 2 fulltime positions will be at the rank of Senior Lecturer, and the positions are available immediately on contract (3 years), but renewable on satisfactory performance.
Responsibilities of the positions are summarized below:
- Provide didactic, laboratory, simulation, and bedside teaching at the department of Pharmacy;
- Serve as a Preceptor, advocate and adviser to students and peer faculty members to guide their scholarly development and career aspirations;
- Conduct scholarly activities within the department, faculty, and university;
- Perform other duties as assigned.
The applicants should hold an Advanced Degree in Clinical Pharmacy from an accredited degree awarding institution, and should have equivalent job related experience. Applicants should also demonstrate excellence in a related practice setting, have a strong desire for teaching in an academic environment, and demonstrate the ability to initiate clinical pharmacy services.
Salary: $2,000 USD, plus housing allowance. Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
Interested candidates should apply by submitting an application, a cover letter, a Curriculum Vitae, and two letters of recommendation to:
1. Casim Umba Tolo, Ph.D
The Program Director – PHARMBIOTRAC,Mbarara University of Science and Technology (MUST)
2. Patrick Engeu Ogwang, Ph.D
Principal Investigator – PHARMBIOTRAC, Mbarara University of Science and Technology (MUST)
3. Robert Tamukong, Pharm.D; Ph.D
Coordinator of Post Graduate Training, Department of Pharmacy, Mbarara Mbarara University of Science and Technology (MUST)