MUST-WIST at Mbarara University of Science & Technology is a forum for the advancement of Women Professionals in Science, Technology Engineering and Mathematics. It aims at engaging in several activities including;
- Creating opportunities for networking and mentoring,
- Creating opportunities for enhancing and capacity building in Leadership and Management skills
- Assisting members to obtaining grants, fellowships and internships,
- Facilitating the creation and sharing of knowledge among members.
- Enhancing opportunities to Promote Research, Innovation and Technology Transfer in Science Technology,
To be Uganda’s leading capacity building forum for women professionals in Science and Technology for community transformation.
To empower women and girl scientists by enhancing their leadership, academic and professional skills.
Transforming Minds and Inspiring Generations.
Any individual interested in the advancement of women academicians at MUST is eligible to be a member of MUST-WIST.
Members are drawn from academia, business, government, think tanks, international organizations and non-governmental organizations.
MUST-WIST aims at building the capacity and skills of Women Professionals at MUST in fields of Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics at all levels and equip them with the skills of becoming seasoned leaders, academicians and professionals.