Scholarship Opportunities, 2019/2020- First Mile ProgramAmos Baryashaba
The Faculty of Medicine is pleased to announce the availability of Scholarship opportunities under the First Mile Program for trainees enrolled at Mbarara University of Science and Technology (MUST) in the programs outlined below;
The First Mile scholarship offers tutition fees and research support for;
- 08 First Year Master of Medicine (MMED) enrolled at the Faculty of Medicine, MUST for the following programs: Anesthesia; Ear, Nose and Throat; Dermatology; Radiology; Pshychiatry amd Pathology.
- 16 Master of Nursing Science (MNS) students enrolled at the Faculty of Medicine, MUST.
The First Mile Scholarship is funded by Hansjoerg Wyss through the Massaxhusetts General Hosptial, Boston, USA to MUST to “Power the Academic Medical Center to Deliver Healthcare in the Community in Uganda”. The partnership aims to ;
- Empower nursing leadership to develop and implement innovative models of care
- Establish MUST as a premier academic medical center focused on community-based healthcare delivery, research and innovation for East Africa
- Equip the Mbarara Regional Referral Hospital and affiliated community health facilities to better understand and meet the burden of disease
- Leverage tachnology innovation and co-creation to support patients, community health workers and nurses
The Scholarships will be based on merit and target talented Uganda trainees at MUST.
Scholarship Application Instructions
All applications MUST include;
- Certified copies of Bachelor’s Degree Transcript
- A copy of the Admission Letter from MUST
- Resume (1 page)
- Letter of interest/motivation(1 page)
- 2 letters of support from your former academic institution e.g. lecturers and employer
To be eligible for the First Mile Scholarship one MUST be;
- A Ugandan
- An academically outstanding student
- Currently enrolled in the MMED/MNSS program at MUST
- A student NOT on any other scholarship or receiving financial support from employers, organizations and the Ministry of Health.
The application deadline is 25th September 2019, 5:00pm. Complete applications are to be addressed and hand delivered to the Office of the Dean, Faculty of Medicine, Mbarara University of Science and Technology.
Late submission will not be accepted.