First Mile Capacity Building Grants- Call for ApplicationsAmos Baryashaba
The Faculty of Medicine, Mbarara University of Science and Technology (MUST) has received funds under the First Mile Program under the Capacity Building Grant in Dean’s Office with opportunities of up to Five (5) Research Grants of 4,629 USD Dollars each to any faculty (Academic Staff) within the Faculty of Medicine at MUST or Clinician at Mbarara Regional Referral Hospital (MRRH) to conduct applied impactful research.
The Office of the Dean, Faculty of Medicine is accepting applications for these 5 research awards.
The one-time annual awards will support applied research capacity in any discipline or field within the Faculty or Hospital.
- Staff in the Faculty of Medicine at MUST
- Clinical staff at MRRH
- Not having obtained previous First Mile awards for research
- An individual or team may submit no more than one grant application
- Preference will be given given to junior staff (clinicians, nurses, lecturers, assistant lecturers, teaching assistants and technicians)
How to Apply
Submit a complete application addressed to;
The Office of the Dean,Faculty of Medicine, MUST
The application should include the following components in hard copy;
- Project Summary (1 page)
- Full research proposal including budget (8 pages max.)
- Motivation letter (1 page)
- Up-to-date C.V (2 pages max.)
Soft-copies of the above, saved in Microsoft Word format should also be emailed to: email@example.com with the Subject “Capacity Building Research Grants- <<First Name>> <<Last Name>>”
Deadline for submission is 1st October 2019, 5:00pm EAT
Successful applicants to be notified by 15th October 2019.