Call for Applications from Students in the East African Community (EAC) to pursue KFW funded Masters ScholarshipsAmos Baryashaba
Opening date: 5th July 2019
Closing date: 1st August 2019, 17:00 hours, East Africa Time
Programs eligible for the scholarship at Mbarara University of Science and Technology:
- Master of Science in Biology
- Master of Science in Chemistry
- Master of Science in Medical Lab Science
Eligible applicants: EAC students with qualifications in the above thematic areas.
Duration of Scholarship: 2 years
The EAC Scholarship Programme is an initiative by the East African Community (EAC), the Inter-University Council for East Africa (IUCEA) and German Development Bank-KFW. The project begun in 2018 when the EAC and IUCEA entered into a memorandum of understanding (MoU) with KFW geared towards the training of students within the EAC region. This Project aims at creating future change agents, who identify themselves with the integration agenda of the EAC and are willing to share economic and development-oriented expert knowledge. The goal of this initiative is to contribute towards training leaders that will foster EAC regional integration. This goal will be partly achieved through the establishment of academic collaboration and an exchange programme between universities/Institutions within the EAC region, by encouraging students to study in countries other than their own. In order to achieve these impacts, the project offers a comprehensive package including scholarships for masters programmes, internships, mentoring, networking events and further leadership training activities.
At Mbarara University of Science and Technology, The scholarship will support masters students in Biology, Chemistry and Medical Lab Science programs. The programme will include a minimum 30 percent females students in order to support women’s participation and enhance gender equality. IUCEA hereby invites applications from students who are citizens of the East African Community (EAC) Partner States to apply for the KFW funded Masters Scholarships.
How to Apply?
Applicants should Fill;
Submit BOTH filled forms and accompanying documents to ALL the following email addresses;
Accompanying documents should include;
1. Copies of O-level results, A-level results, University (certified copies of Degree certificate and transcript)
2. Copy of document indicating date of birth (ie Passport, birth certificate, etc)
3. Recommendation letters
4. Bank payment proof Application fees of Uganda Shillings 50,000=
|Bank||Account Name||Account Number|
|Barclays Bank of Uganda Limited||Mbarara University Academic Registrar||6000592666|
|Ecobank||Mbarara University Fees Collection||0149106105575701|
5. Signed curriculum vitae
6. If applicable, an official letter confirming release from your employer. The letter must be on letterhead.
7. Recent passport photograph in colour of your full head and upper shoulders.
8. Evidence of citizenship of a Partner State in the East African Community such as copy of national identity card/ passport/birth certificate
9. A well written motivation letter in English showing the relevance of intended programme of study to the EAC integration and development agenda