We have received funding under the First Mile Program implemented under the Capacity Building Grant in the Faculty of Medicine, Dean’s Office with opportunities of up to three seed grants of 5,000 USD dollars each to young researchers interested in areas of community health, clinical care, nursing, emergency medicine, intensive care, high-risk maternal care, oncology, palliative care and biomedical sciences/basic sciences at Mbarara University of Science and Technology (MUST) or Mbarara Regional Referral Hospital (MRRH).
The Office of the Dean, Faculty of Medicine at MUST is currently accepting applications for these 3 research excellence awards.
These one-time annual awards will support applied research capacity in any discipline or field within the Faculty or Hospital.
- Staff in the Faculty of Medicine at MUST
- Clinical Staff at MRRH
- Not having obtained previous First Mile awards for research
- An individual or team may submit no more than one grant application
- Preference will be given to junior faculty with demonstrated record of 1st author publication with a senior mentor as part of their project.
HOW TO APPLY
- Submit a complete application set addressed to: Office of the Dean, Faculty of Medicine, MUST
- The application should include the following components in hard copy:
- Project Summary (1 page)
- Full research proposal including budget (8 pages max)
- Motivation letter (1 page)
- Up-to-date CV (maximum 2 pages)
- Soft-copies of the above, in PDF format must also be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org with heading “Capacity Building Research Grants – first name last name”
Date of advert; 3rd March 2023
Closing date for applications: 23rd March, 2023 by 5.00 pm local time (EAT)
Start of grant: 15th April July, 2023
End of grant: 31st December, 2023
FOR FURTHER INQUIRIES, CONTACT:
Dr. Brian Turigye
Dean, Dr. Joseph Ngonzi
Associate Professor Joel Bazira