Mr. Melchoir Byaruhanga
Mandate and Responsibilities
The Department of the University Secretary is responsible for the University’s overall governance, assurance and legal compliance. The Secretary provides advice and support to the University Council, to the Senate and to the Vice-Chancellor as the University’s Chief Executive Officer.
Key areas of responsibility are:
- Responsible for the general administration of the university (including the administration of funds and other assets)
- Secretary to Council and its Committees
- Accounting Officer of the University
- Holds custody of the university seal
- Performance management of the university staff
- Providing legal advice to the university
- Procurement, Management and custody of university assets
- Recruitment, retention and promotion of staff
- Staff development/ career development (training and skills enhancement)
- Responsible for the university strategic plans, policies and operating procedures
More detailed information about the work of the Office of the University Secretary can be got by contacting the office on email email@example.com . I encourage you to contact us for further assistance.
Martha Kyoshaba Twinamasiko (PhD)
The Academic Registrar
The Academic Registrar assists the Deputy Vice Chancellor Academic Affairs in the administration and organization of all academic matters including admission, undergraduate studies, postgraduate studies, examinations, research and publication (UOTIA, 2001; Sec 34.30)
- Member of Top Management
- Providing Secretarial Services to Senate and its Committees
- Admissions of Students
- Registration of Students
- Identity Cards
- Student Records
- Examination of Students
- Students Examination Results
- Graduation of Students and their academic documents
- Accreditation of academic programmes
- Career visits to schools
- Quality Assurance of Programmes
- Budgeting, Workplan and Procurement plan
CPA. Magyezi Felix Amanya
The University Bursar shall be responsible for the financial administration and planning of the University and shall maintain the accounts in a form determined by the University Council. The Bursar shall be appointed by the University Council on the recommendation of the Appointments Board on terms and conditions that the University Council may determine. Shall be responsible to the Vice Chancellor through the University Secretary who is the Accounting Officer and the Deputy Vice Chancellor Finance & Administration.
Mr. Emmanuel Kyagaba
Dean of Students
The Dean of Students shall be responsible for the welfare of students and shall be appointed by the University Council on the recommendation of the Appointments Board on terms and conditions that the University Council may determine. Shall be responsible to the Vice Chancellor.
Mr. Wilson Adriko
The University Librarian
The University Librarian shall be the head of all Library Services in the University and shall be appointed by the University Council on the recommendation of the Appointments Board on terms and conditions that the University Council may determine. Shall be responsible to the Vice Chancellor through the Deputy Vice Chancellor (Academic Affairs).