- Uganda Certificate of Education (UCE) or its equivalent with at least 5 passes
- Uganda Advanced Certificate of Education (UACE) or its equivalent with at least 2 principal passes.
- An Honors degree from an accredited degree awarding institution
- Candidates who have a Pass degree should have at least a Postgraduate Diploma with at least a credit from an accredited degree awarding institution.
Additionally, for international applicants:
- Applicants whose first language or medium of instruction is not English, must provide evidence from a recognized English language training institution that they have sufficient command of English language.
- Applicants should have their documents verified by NCHE.
- Applicants should have their degree certificate and transcript translated and converted into an equivalent of Ugandan Universities’ CGPA
An honors degree in Health Sciences, Chemistry or Biological Sciences
Motivation letter indicating why you are in pursuing this programme
Two letters of recommendation from employer and former university
A 2-page concept paper of a proposed research topic in the field of interest. The concept paper should have the following structure: 1. Background, 2. Problem Statement, 3. Objectives, 4. Proposed methods, 5. Significance and 6. References