- Uganda Certificate of Education (UCE) or its equivalent with at least 5 passes
- Uganda Advanced Certificate of Education (UACE) or its equivalent with at least 2 principal passes.
- An Honors degree from an accredited degree awarding institution
- Candidates who have a Pass degree should have at least a Postgraduate Diploma with at least a credit from an accredited degree awarding institution.
Additionally, for international applicants:
- Applicants whose first language or medium of instruction is not English, must provide evidence from a recognized English language training institution that they have sufficient command of English language.
- Applicants should have their documents verified by NCHE.
- Applicants should have their degree certificate and transcript translated and converted into an equivalent of Ugandan Universities’ CGPA
For applicants to clinical programmes;
- Have documentary evidence of Internship Training indicating disciplines and dates.
- Be registered or eligible for registration with Uganda Medical and Dental Practitioners Council.
- A current certificate of good standing with the Medical Practitioners’ Council of the country of origin.
An honors in Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery.
A year of post internship experience relevant to Emergency Medicine
Evidence of an excellent general knowledge base of medicine assessed by a pre-course paper