Improving and expanding HEST in six public universities and two degree-awarding tertiary institutions
- Infrastructure construction (lecture rooms, labs, technology workshops, ICT labs, libraries with virtual capabilities, external civil works and utilities expansion)
- Equipment procurement, installation and operation and maintenance training including for laboratory technology, agriculture mechanization and learning equipment
- ICT infrastructure, equipment, e-learning programs for the TIs, software and training.
The following are the expected outputs at MUST from Component I:
- Construction of 3 Laboratories for the Faculty of Applied Sciences and Technology at Kihumuro
- Construction of a Library Block at Kihumuro
- Procurement of Laboratory Equipment for the Faculty of Medicine and Faculty of Applied Sciences and Technology
- Furnishing of the Faculty of Applied Sciences and Technology
- Support of ICT infrastructure, equipment, e-learning services at the two campuses.